- Digital image must be submitted to the website by midnight the Wednesday before the monthly meeting
- Entrant must have captured and created the original exposure or exposures.
- In order to compete the participant must be a current member of APPA with their dues paid
- All processing, manipulation and printing or rendering, were done by the entrant or under their direct supervision.
- The entrant has obtained and has access to all necessary releases (model or property) and agrees to hold APPA harmless against all claims and liabilities arising out of APPA's display, publication and promotion or other use of each image submitted to APPA.
- No entry will be eligible if it has been made under the supervision of an instructor or as a class assignment. All images submitted must be self-directed. Images created in an educational environment under direct supervision from an instructor are ineligible.
- Any entry that has been created from an existing photograph, portrait, graphic or any other artwork produced by another person is a violation of the competition rules and will not be judged, accepted or displayed. If an entry, in the good-faith opinion of the APPA, violates copyright, trademark or any other applicable law, that entry shall be disqualified.
- The participant does not need to be present at the monthly meeting, however they must be present at the meeting in order to qualify towards the awards and Photographer of the Year.
- At this time only one (1) submission per participant will be accepted. We will re-evaluate this at a later time.
- A minimum of three (3) images must be entered to constitute a print competition
- Images previously submitted to and considered merit-worthy at SummerFest (Texas State), Southwest (Regional), and PPA (National/International) are not eligible.
- These rules are subject to change at the discretion of the Competition / Print Director as needed.
Prints will be judged considering the following twelve (12) attributes of a professional photograph, in order of importance:
Scholarship must be redeemed for tuition only in the upcoming year or the scholarship will be given to the runner-up of the drawing. Scholarship may not be gifted, given away or sold to any other member or non-member.
Questions? Email email@example.com